Rugby Run Solar Farm
Adani Renewables’ first Australian grid connected solar project, Rugby Run Solar Farm, is located near the town of Moranbah in Queensland. Phase one of the project will supply 65MW of renewable power through the use of 247,000 solar panels, and the solar farm has the capacity to expand up to 170MW.
The three substation buildings installed were designed and manufactured by T2 Energy with the contract award in February 2018, and delivery of the completed buildings to site in August 2018. The buildings included:
- Powerlink Utility Control Room Building
- 33kV Switchroom, with Schneider CBGS-0 Switchboard
- Control Room Building with:
- Dual 125VDC Charger and Battery Systems
- 100MVA 33/132kV Transformer Protection Panel
- HV RTU Panel
- SCADA Panel
- Communications Panel
- Solar Farm Metering Panel
- Power Plant Controller Panel
- 415VAC Distribution Board
- Fire detection and Alarm System
Commissioning of the Rugby Run Solar Farm was undertaken in December 2018, with commercial operations to commence in the first quarter of 2019.